FMSlab - Flight Mechanics & Flight Systems Laboratory
- Electric and hybrid-electric aircraft design, analysis, and operations.
- Design of innovative fixed-wing and rotary-wing configurations.
- Strategies for electric and hybrid-electric fleet switching.
- Contactless rotor flapping measurement systems.
- Simulation of low-noise rotorcraft terminal trajectories.
- Cockpit instrumentation for rotorcraft noise monitoring (Pilot Acoustic Indicator).
- Optimal propeller design.
- Rotorcraft control, dynamics, and aeroelasticity.
- Comprehensive Flight Test Instrumentation (FTI) system for light aircraft.
- Flight testing for the development and certification of a new ultralight aircraft.
- Optimal trajectory planning for agricultural and environmental aerial missions.
- Automated flight test procedures for UAVs.
- Electric rotorcraft design and simulation.
- Continuing enhancement of comprehensive rotorcraft simulation tools.
- Validation of a novel formulation for airplane trim and stability through flight testing.
- PE8-1 Aerospace engineering
- PE8-4 Computational engineering
- PE7-1 Control engineering
- PE7-3 Simulation engineering and modelling
- Aircraft design.
- Electric propulsion in aviation.
- Fixed-wing aircraft modelling and simulation.
- Rotary-wing aircraft modelling and simulation.
- Trajectory optimization.
- Onboard sensor systems.
- Cockpit instrumentation.
- Flight testing.
Articoli del magazine